Office of Summer & Winter Sessions Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships will be provided to Summer Scholars students by the Office of Summer & Winter Sessions. Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis to students with a minimum GPA of 3.5 and will cover 20% of tuition for up to six summer course credits taken at the New Brunswick campus.
Students who have been accepted into the program and meet the scholarship requirements will be notified about their reward by email.
The Joyce VanTassel-Baska Endowed Scholarship
The Joyce VanTassel-Baska Endowed Scholarship provides a merit and financial-based annual award, valued at $1,000, to honor Dr. VanTassel-Baska's contributions to the field of gifted education, and to support pre-college gifted learners access appropriate academic enrichment and acceleration opportunities. For 2021, we will be offering two - $1,000 scholarships.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Gifted/high achieving high school student
- At least 16 years of age
- Must be legal U.S. citizens/permanent resident/DACA status physically living in the U.S.
- Be able to participate in a Rutgers University Division of Continuing Studies, Office of Summer and Winter Sessions (credit or non-credit) in Summer 2021.
- Certificate participants may apply for this scholarship, January – April 30, 2021.
To be considered for this scholarship:
- Completed Program/Scholarship Application
- Provide the following items Parent/Guardian financial records (2020)
- Federal income tax form
- Reduced Lunch Form (if applicable)
- Official Transcripts
- Achievement test scores demonstrating a score above the 90% percentile
- Letter of recommendation from your teacher or counselor
- Personal statement
- Prompt: How will this program help develop your academic interests?